Kind Natured – Two Vegan Beauty Favourites

If you follow me on Instagram you must have already seen these two beauties. As I continue to discover more and more cruelty-free, vegan products I’m starting to realize, it is not so hard to find them these days. You just have to keep your eyes a bit more open, read the labels a bit more carefully but there are quite a few brands to choose from.  I do believe that cruelty-free/vegan is the future in beauty and if we have the choice of minimizing harm with our pamper products than why not go for them?

The brand on my radar this time is Kind Natured, an English company who likes to keep it ‘natural’ staying away from sulphates, parabens, mineral oil, petrochemicals, MIT (methylisothiazolinone), silicones, artificial colourants, Cocamide DEA and microbeads focusing on being transparent, honest, cruelty-free, vegan, ethical, environmentally friendly, sourcing the finest plant and natural extracts to formulate their products. Now, usually I’m not saying ‘natural’ equals good news or guarantees good formulations necessarily, but in this case, I’m all up for it because to me it feels the brand doesn’t just use it as a buzz word. All of their formulations contain at least 97% ingredients of natural origin, the remaining 3% of ingredients make sure that the products have the perfect aroma, look and are stable, safe.

img_20190424_1829535445528321914473141.jpg

The whole range contains bath, hair, hand and foot care products. I’m just starting to discover the brand and so far I’ve only used the Oatmeal & Aloe Body Wash and the Jojoba & Avocado Nourishing Shampoo but I’m pretty sure I will be a regular customer and try the rest of their vegan formulations.

I have been using these two for over a month now, so here are my thoughts:

Packaging: they come in a user-friendly long tube, both have a lovely clean modern design, easy on the eyes with pleasant colour coding, they are 100% recyclable.

Oatmeal & Aloe Body Wash

What it is: gentle gel body wash.

Who it is for: dry and sensitive skin.

What it does: cleanses, comforts and soothes with Aloe and Oats.

How to use it: smooth over wet skin, massage into a lather, then rinse thoroughly.

How it worked for me: there is not much to say, apart from how much I love this. The smooth gel formula glides on the skin easily, a little goes a long way, it doesn’t take much effort to lather it up. I usually get irritation on my legs because they are so dry all the time but this one leaves my skin soft and soothed. The scent is the showstopper for me here, it is divine and cannot wait to use it every morning and night.

Value for money: great, it is very affordable, you get 250ml for £4.99. (it is £2.49 at Boots right now!)

Jojoba & Avocado Nourishing Shampoo

What it is: moisturizing shampoo.

Who it is for: dry, dull hair.

What it does: replenishes, conditions the hair with Jojoba and Avocado, stimulates the scalp with Sage.

How to use it: massage a generous amount into wet hair for one minute, lather and rinse thoroughly.

How it worked for me: actually, I don’t need a generous amount of this to work (though I have to say, I don’t have thick hair and wear it in a short style), a little goes a long way. The texture is light, smooth and it doesn’t take much effort to lather it up. It has a delicate scent but not overwhelming at all.  What I really like about this is that leaves my hair light, fluffy, not weighed down by unnecessary chemicals and it makes it very easy to blow-dry or straighten later on.

Value for money: great, you get 250ml for £4.99.

Kind Natured is cruelty-free with 26 vegan formulations (see the list here ) and all products are free from sulphates, parabens, mineral oil, petrochemicals, MIT (methylisothiazolinone), silicones, artificial colourants, Cocamide DEA and microbeads.

The brand is available at Boots or their website where you can get 15% off of your first purchase.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s